-
Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
I have tried to boot up varous ways already and everytime i receive the same error.
I have tried to boot normally, also by using these commands which I got from reading other threads :
knoppix home = /dev/sda1/knoppix.img
knoppix home = scan
and each time it looks for the dvd and returns the error Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
then I procceeded to boot in failsafe and boot seems to hang up on ata1 and ata2:
ata1: failed to recover some devices, retrying in 5 secs
it also happens for ata2 and then finnaly it brings me back to the same error cannot find filesystem, sorry.
I have a compaq CQ60 laptop with an AMD atholon X2 dual core
says 64 on the sticker but in vista it says 32 bit opperating system?
2 gigs of RAM
250 Gb hard drive
Nvidia graphics card
anyone have any ideas that might help me out?
-
Senior Member
registered user
how did you burn the disk?
frequently problems like this is a bad burn usually from too fast speed, this type of disk is best done as slow as you can go.
a bad/damaged image is also possible, have you checked MD5sum before burning?
on the downloading FAQ at the wiki (found under documentation link near top of page) you have many questions already answered, check there for more on both burning images and MD5 sum's
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Downloading_FAQ
-
Knoppix Persistent Image
I have never had any success with Knoppix finding a persistent image on the same medium as the operating system. If I place the Knoppix image file on a different USB drive, however, Knoppix seems to have no trouble finding it when I use "knoppix home=scan."
Try putting your image file on a different, but accessable, drive.
Hope this helps.
Deesy
Similar Threads
-
By donkeyass in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 27
Last Post: 03-23-2007, 08:33 AM
-
By Snifro in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 19
Last Post: 02-23-2007, 12:26 AM
-
By colonius in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-20-2004, 06:09 PM
-
By pskipw in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 06:16 AM
-
By befuddled in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-23-2003, 03:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR
$47.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Lot of 2 Cisco 10-3107-01 SFP-10G-LR-S S-Class SFP+ 10G LR SMF LC Transceiver
$59.95

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$20.70