Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Internal (nonWin)Modem not detected after HD install

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Internal (nonWin)Modem not detected after HD install

    Well, I have installed Quantian 0.3 (because of the package), and while it worked fine for a couple of days, the ISA PNP internal modem stopped working. It is detected fine if I start from the CD (I am using it to write this), but for some reason, on the hard disk installation, it is not available.

    I haven't changed anything (same kernel and all), and it worked for a while , so I understand that there's nothing wrong with the modem and/or set-up that I am aware of. The harddisk installation HOWTO doesn't mention any special care, and looking at the system, I can't see where the isapnp modem is configured.

    Does anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks

  2. #2

    Some more info

    Hmmm, me again I have realised that wvdial and pppconfig were available. I have tried both, and both detect my modem as hanging from /dev/ttyS2, as expected. I only have problems with the detection using kppp, which points to /dev/ttyS2 as the serial port to use. The relevant bit of /etc/sysconfig/hwconf is:
    Code:
    class: UNSPEC
    bus: ISAPNP
    detached: 0
    driver: unknown
    desc: "SupraExpress 56i Sp Intl:Unknown"
    deviceId: SUP2171
    pdeviceId: SUP2171
    compat: SUP2040
    native: 0
    active: 1
    cardnum: 0
    logdev: 0
    io: 0x3e8
    irq: 4
    dma: 0,0
    Could it be something related to the kppp configuration and/or permissions? I can't recall changing anything...

Similar Threads

  1. Internal Modem on Knoppix
    By cegas in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-16-2005, 07:13 AM
  2. How To Install Modem Aztech Internal Modem Msp3880
    By Mic Q in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 02:17 PM
  3. I'm buying an internal modem. Which one?
    By Kerosene in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-19-2004, 03:22 AM
  4. Internal modem; anyone get one to work???
    By The Fader in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-18-2004, 09:30 PM
  5. Internal Modem not detected
    By maneeshkumar in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2003, 04:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus 32GB RAM Xeon E-2224 3.40Ghz No HDD No AC  picture

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus 32GB RAM Xeon E-2224 3.40Ghz No HDD No AC

$750.00



HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM

$289.99



HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD picture

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD

$249.99



POGO ATLAS 1102 Server 32 Gb RAM 4TB Storage 2x2TB HDD’s (Tested-Working) No OS picture

POGO ATLAS 1102 Server 32 Gb RAM 4TB Storage 2x2TB HDD’s (Tested-Working) No OS

$179.85



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro Super Server 1029U-TN10RT Dual Xeon Silver 4210 - 10-Bay NVMe Rack picture

Supermicro Super Server 1029U-TN10RT Dual Xeon Silver 4210 - 10-Bay NVMe Rack

$500.00



Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server picture

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server

$689.00



Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD picture

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD

$199.99



ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T/BCM Server Motherboard For Parts/Repair picture

ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T/BCM Server Motherboard For Parts/Repair

$365.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99