good to know that I am not the only one having the same question.
in previous version it was easy done though knoppix menu, but I cant find it in v.6??
Playing around with 6.0.1 and loving how well it runs via USB on my Eee 701.
While looking at the Knoppix 6.0 notes, I see this following item in the Microknoppix section:
How would I learn more about that -- and how do I use it? Are there some docs that folk could direct me towards?6. A persistent image for saving personal settings and additionally installed programs, KNOPPIX/knoppix-data.img, is supported on the boot device. That way, even the boot system and startup scripts can be changed in the persistent image.
good to know that I am not the only one having the same question.
in previous version it was easy done though knoppix menu, but I cant find it in v.6??
Hello,
Doing my reseach but Persistent image can be set in 6.0.
in version 6.0 you allocated space to be able to save changes to you setting from a flash drive. Hope this solution helps
1.Load Live CD to PC
2.Create a bootable USB
Now load form USB When the loading comes up you get a messege that says if you would like to allocate (it gives you the minium you can set and a maxium you can set) example: type 500 do not include MB just the number.
then you flash drive will begin to format (on the top right hand corner you will see some German letters) just wait till it completes format and then you will notie that it will reboot again ones the proces is complete you will be a ble to save you setting and files in you OS
ChaUuu
Fallow me on Twitter!

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00