-
Re: Can't bring up static address, redux
I'll take Harry's advice and try a different approach.
Here's what I've done today:
1) Disconnected from the internet, both machines.
2) Brought up both machines on SuSE 8.1, brought up LAN network
ping, ftp, telnet ... all work
3) shutdown one machine and re-boot with Knoppix 5.1.1
4) configure network first using "netcardconfig", fails with:
SIOCSIFFLAGS: Resource temporarily unavailable
5) shutdown and re-boot using DSL
6) configure network using "netcardconfig", ping works from both,
telnet and ftp one way (probably permissions or firewall problem)
7) shutdown and re-booted with DSL-N configure using "netcardconfig"
fails with: SIOCSIFFLAGS: Resource temporarily unavailable
In all the set ups, I've, of course, used same addresses, etc.
My conclusion? I'm missing something required in setting up networking
with 2.6 kernel(s).
What am I failing to do in 2.6 kernel setup?
Jack
[
Similar Threads
-
By CamilliLarry in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-19-2005, 03:08 AM
-
By Jesse in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-30-2004, 05:57 PM
-
By jdally in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-17-2004, 08:35 PM
-
By unamiccia in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 11:39 AM
-
By eriixblaike in forum Ideas
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 07:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$799.00

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00