Installed Knoppix on two servers and ssh is working fine. I'm trying to get the NFS setup so I can remote a display from one server to another.
So far I can't see where to startup the "nfsd". I'm finding "/etc/init.d/nfs-common" and every attempt fails.
What I've done so far:
1. Ensured the network was up and running by a log in to each of the servers by "ssh".
2. Ran "/etc/init.d/nfs-common restart"
3. Ran "xhost +" on each of the servers.
4. Set the display on each of the servers to the other "export DISPLAY=xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:0.0"
5. Ran "xterm" on each of the servers and it fails.
What I'm I doing wrong with Knoppix?
Thanks,
John

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90
Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$33.94
Trenz Electronic SFP to SMA Adapter Board PCB Module
$105.00
Lot of 2 For Cisco SFP-10G-X Transceiver, 10Gb SFP+ RJ45 10GBase-T 30m
$73.99