Hello. I was and am a very happy user of knoppix 5.1.1 on my Toshiba 2775 P3 laptop. What a great disc. Works with no cheatcodes needed.
I am trying to use knoppix 6.0.1. Unlike 5.1.1, I have to add edd=off into the boot line. I figured that out because, like 6.0.1, Parted Magic hangs for around two minutes after the initrd, but when PM hangs it says it is probing edd, and suggests edd=off. So, even edd=off is not in the knoppix cheatcodes, it does work and eliminates that 2 minute hang.
Does anyone know what the edd is doing? And what are the consequences of turning it off?
Also, for 6.0.1 I have to use pci=bios. For 5.1.1 I did not.
Thanks much for all the hard work!
Irwin

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$166.24
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00
Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99
Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00
Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95
Vintage MSI K7T Turbo w/ AMD Athlon A1000AMT3C 256MB DDR Ram -Bloated Caps Parts
$69.99
Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95