-
Failure to connect to Internet
The good: Knoppix is the only Linux that I have tried which actually boots all the way through on my new machine. I have tried Centos, Slackware, Ubuntu, SUSE, gNewSense, and Fedora. Where possible, I have used 64-bit versions, since it is a 64-bit machine.
The bad: After booting fully from the LiveCD and coming into operation, no internetworking is possible. I cannot even ping my router. My network card is Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0). Although I have never done it before, I have downloaded a new Linux/Unix driver. How do I incorporate it into the CD version?
Please note, I am also trying to install onto a USB thumb drive (or 'stick'). It would be useful to be able to use the internet while Knoppix is booted to avoid time-consuming switching each time some new notion needs checking out.
Thanks for all and any help.
Similar Threads
-
By Joey6 in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-17-2007, 01:20 AM
-
By keyur in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-18-2006, 02:55 AM
-
By solbergg in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-10-2006, 03:11 AM
-
By calathar in forum Networking
Replies: 12
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 06:47 AM
-
By vzlandude in forum Networking
Replies: 15
Last Post: 04-01-2005, 04:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95