-
6.0.1 USB, replace KNOPPIX?
I used the "install KNOPPIX to flash disk" menu item to make a KNOPPIX 6.0.1 USB flash drive.
I then followed the remaster HWOTO on the KNOPPIX wiki to make a customized compressed KNOPPIX
file. I started by cp -Rp /KNOPPIX /mysdcard/source/KNOPPIX and followed the instructions
to chroot and install new packages. I then used this command to produce the compressed file:
Code:
mkisofs -R -U -V "KNOPPIX" -publisher "username" -hide-rr-moved -cache-inodes -no-bak -pad ./ | nice -n 5 ./usr/bin/create_compressed_fs - 65536 > /knoppix/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
Booted back into Xandros on my eeepc, I replaced the old KNOPPIX file with my new file,
but when I tried to boot from the flash drive, I failed with the message that the commands mount and init could not be found.
I switched back to the old KNOPPIX file, with no problem.
Is there a way to mount these files so I can inspect them for diferences?
trying to mount them -o loop failed with wrong file system errors.
When I looked at the files with less, I saw that they start with a short script that has mount commands in it.
Similar Threads
-
By hall in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-27-2005, 07:48 PM
-
By tr in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 8
Last Post: 07-24-2005, 09:52 AM
-
By jslegers in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-27-2005, 07:16 PM
-
By suzan in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 03:08 PM
-
By heydude in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-12-2005, 03:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S Reset & Tested Lot of 2
$32.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10-2415-03 10 GigE SFP Transceiver Module
$5.00

Ubiquiti Unifi USW PRO AGGREGATION 28x10Gbe 4x25Gbe QSFP28 Layer 3 Switch
$700.00

Ubiquiti Unifi USW PRO AGGREGATION 28x10Gbe 4x25Gbe QSFP28 Layer 3 Switch
$750.00