-
trying to fix missing NTLDR problem
OK. Hope you guys can help.
My goal: install Windows 7 on my desktop computer
Problem: My computer got a virus/trojan, got all messed up and I have been trying to fix it for almost two days now. I downloaded Knoppix 6.0.1 (CD version) to try and copy my important files to another drive on the computer. I guess that was risky? Well, it is done now and I think it worked OK. So now I am just trying to get to the point where I can get my Windows 7 disk to boot and format my c: drive for a fresh install.
Is there a way I can fix my missing NTLDR problem using Knoppix? I also downloaded Knoppix 5.1.1 (CD version). I have a working laptop running Windows 7 and a nebook running Win XP SP3. I just tried to create a bootable floppy to boot into that, but I don't think it supports USB keyboards and I don't have any PS/2 keyboards around, so I can't try to run fdisk.
Hope you guys have some ideas. I am very computer literate, so let me know if you need more info. Thanks for the help.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Sorry, but I though you should fix that if you needed to boot from the hd. If you're getting this problem while trying to boot from the windows 7 cd (assuming it is like other Windows cds), it must be because you didn't burn the .iso file as an image.
As just for formatting, you can do that with Gparted. In Knoppix: Root Terminal
Code:
apt-get install gparted
or you'll find it in any other Linux installable live-cd (ubuntu etc.).
Similar Threads
-
By jdrnyc in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-30-2010, 03:31 PM
-
By sakamoto motoharu in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-17-2007, 09:38 PM
-
By Mr.Joecat in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-07-2005, 04:19 PM
-
By Rey Flores in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-18-2005, 09:18 PM
-
By krix in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-29-2004, 09:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC
$27.99

HPE 10/25G SFP28 2P MCX562A-ACAI OCP3 NIC Network Adapter 2 Port 10GbE 25GbE 25G
$485.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99