-
Knoppix 6.1 live distro boot using PXE
I have a Suse 10.1 server setup to do PXE booting.
It does work because I can PXE boot a computer which provides a menu of options that I set up such as launching Spinrite, Dos/FDISK, memtest or I have even done a successful internet install of Debian etch by PXE booting a computer.
Now, I would like to do be able to do a PXE install of the Knoppix.
In other words, just like I can put the DVD into my computer and boot into a live distro I would like to do that from my server using PXE
I have installed the linux and minirt.gz files onto the server. Then in the "default" file I have added the following for booting Knoppix:
LABEL Knoppix 6.1
menu label ^Knoppix
kernel /knoppix/boot/isolinux/linux
append ramdisk_size=100000 lang=en vt.default_utf8=0 apm=power-off vga=791 initrd=/knoppix/boot/isolinux/minirt.gz knoppix-terminalopenmosi nomce quiet loglevel=0 nolapic_timer
When I PXE boot and choose this option it starts a normal boot showing the penquin and other stuff then sits at:
Waiting (USB)...
After a short time it then displays:
Could not mount disk to /mnt-system. Starting debugging Shell...
sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
/ #
So it insists on trying to find a USB device to boot from?
How do I fix this?
Thank you for your help- Steve
Similar Threads
-
By dissel in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-26-2007, 06:23 PM
-
By bread in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-15-2006, 02:34 AM
-
By rookworm in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-09-2005, 11:37 AM
-
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-02-2005, 11:02 PM
-
By iD:0t in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-15-2005, 04:55 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 500GB NVMe | 3TB HDD
$798.00

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00