On behalf of all the really clever people on here (which excludes me!), you're welcome. Stick around, maybe you can help someone else with their problem.
Hi,
THANKS A LOT KNOPPIX TEAM
I finally got my old Toshiba Laptop running with pcmcia support and WLAND Card attached. The pcmcia didn't work with linux until I found in some forum that you have to change a bios setting (ESC then F1 on prompt on THOSHIBA screen). PCMCIA has to be Cardbus/16bIt . Ubuntu still didn't recognice my linksys 54g card (it actually hangs if a card is in pcmcia bus), but with adriana beta it worked like charm and even had wpa2 support from cratch. I am very glad I tried a new knoppix version.
With a working WLAN (the laptop doesn't even have a LAN port) the device is kind of usefull again.
I just wanted to say thank you and maybe help somebody with similar problems.
The Laptop has 64mb RAM only. I upgraded to 196 (the chip was about 17€)
THANKS
Seballa
On behalf of all the really clever people on here (which excludes me!), you're welcome. Stick around, maybe you can help someone else with their problem.

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$166.24
Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00
Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72
Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00
Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95
IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00