Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Install Modem

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    37

    Install Modem

    Hi There I am trying to Install my Modem Drivers Intel536ep but I am not sure where to put them.
    When I try to install I get Permission denied and Read only errors...

    What am I doing wrong?

    Which directory should I use /Home/ or /Desktop/ I really do not know

    Do I need to change my hda1 to read & write



  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Azzate-Varese (Italy)
    Posts
    9
    Did you get your file just as TARball or a .RPM or .DEB package?
    The latter contains a script with all information needed to automatically install everything into the right place and make the necessary modification to config tables. just position youself (in console mode) in the same directory as the .deb package and type dpkg -i [yourfilename] everything will happen magically.
    Tarballs and RPMs need some extra work (and experience) to be installed.

    BTW Did you try modconf?

    Pieter

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    37

    Install

    The File type is .tgz.I just not know where to unpack it...As Knoppix is CD based I do not know if drivers will work (you cannot write to the CDROM!)
    I may try a poor mans install but I not sure that will work either.

    Can you run modems from memory or hard disk while still using the CD OS?

    What is modconf?

    D.T.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Azzate-Varese (Italy)
    Posts
    9

    Re: Install

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidTempler
    What is modconf?

    D.T.
    modconf is the Modules configuration utility for Debian: the first thing to check

    Try it in shell (terminal) mode and see if you find your modem listed

    .tgz extension stand for "gunzipped" files, you can unpack them wherever you like; for further information, read on-line manual at man gz.
    (just type man gz from a shell)

    BTW, if you don't make a HD install you may find it difficult to proceed however, I am not sure and cannot help you with this question.

    Pieter

Similar Threads

  1. How To Install Modem Aztech Internal Modem Msp3880
    By Mic Q in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 02:17 PM
  2. install modem
    By tommasch in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-11-2003, 09:38 AM
  3. Modem install ?
    By DavidTempler in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2003, 10:36 PM
  4. How do I install a modem driver.
    By malic in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-29-2003, 08:08 PM
  5. HDD install, modem not recognized
    By Yaro in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-21-2003, 03:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



HPE 10/25GbE 2Port SFP28 Intel E810 OCP3 Network Adapter NIC 2 Port 10G 25G 25GE picture

HPE 10/25GbE 2Port SFP28 Intel E810 OCP3 Network Adapter NIC 2 Port 10G 25G 25GE

$609.00



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP

CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR

$47.99



HPE P10109-B21 MCX512F-ACAT 10/25GbE Dual-Port SFP28 NIC P10107-001 P12608-001 picture

HPE P10109-B21 MCX512F-ACAT 10/25GbE Dual-Port SFP28 NIC P10107-001 P12608-001

$100.00