Knoppix won't help you uncompress the Vista partition AFAIK but won't deleting the partition (fdisk) remove the compression?
My hdd is compressed, by windows vista. I don't have the original windows vista disk. Using an old xp disk I was able to format the disk thinking this will help eliminate the compression. Of course it didn't and now I am stuck with a compressed hdd and no boot sector. I was wondering if the older version of Knoppix 3.1 I have, will be able to help me detect, decompress and finally install xp again?
As you can see I am very new to this, and have no working knowledge of Knoppix. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Knoppix won't help you uncompress the Vista partition AFAIK but won't deleting the partition (fdisk) remove the compression?

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$165.58
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$166.24
Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00
Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99
Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00
Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95