-
The dreaded chroot !
Hi All
I am a linux newbie , i decided to give it a try when some malware hijacked my windows even after being scanned twice . It downloaded and f... me in real time . So I have decided no more and thats how I would up here .
I am a linux newbie so all I ask is that if you have a suggestion please provide a concise code example or I will be totally lost at the slightest assumption .
I ahve scouered the internet looking for an answer and can't seem to find anything useful even through posts of people that have had exactly the same problem.
Whenever I try to chrooot into the directory I want to use for remastering the error is cannot run bin/bash " O suchFi8le or Directory"
Checklist of what I did .
mounter the drive as root and set rw permissions
copies the Knoppix cd as root
checked to make sure all copies directories had the appropriate permissions for gid and uid .
I know that when the chroot command is executed , after specifying the new root directory you can run a command otherwise the system defaults to bin/bash . I am pretty sure all necessary directories and libs are present since everything off the cd has been copied .
I kind of like the idea of remastering cuz I think its a great way to learn about the internals of linux . Just wish I was getting off to a better start .
All help mych appreciated .
Similar Threads
-
By alberto.orlandini in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-28-2006, 12:49 PM
-
By Sephiroth? in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-25-2006, 12:55 AM
-
By spyhome in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-23-2005, 02:12 PM
-
By gursharnsingh in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 09:38 PM
-
By sminotti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-07-2003, 07:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

LOT OF 4 Micron 16GB DDR4-2400 ECC RDIMM MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-2G3B1I 64GB
$319.99

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$199.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00