-
Persistent Disk from USB causing mounting problems??
When knoppix told me to create a persistent disk, I did. Great it's saving my email and everything is goody goody. So then I go to access my hard drive which it shows the icon for and is in perfect working order for my dual boot system. It gives me this error message 1st Error org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume.UnknownFailure, then it says Error org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume.UnknownFailure, and finally says Directory doesn't exist!. So I boot into my cd knoppix and recreate the flash disk. Still getting the errors, I booted into windows and killed the knoppix persistent disk and wiped it out. Booted back into knoppix created the persistent disk again, and my drives are mountable, YAY (for the moment). Then I load up my mail profile from my thunderbird in windows and paste it too my knoppix icedove. Start up icedove, everything is going great my emails and extensions are there. So I reboot to make sure it stuck, loaded it up yes it stuck and my email is there. Go to check if my harddrive is still mountable. The errors have came back also.
Basically boils down to that I get the errors after a reboot when using a persistent drive on my usb stick.
org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume.UnknownFailure
org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume.UnknownFailure
Directory doesn't exist!
Is there anyway to keep my hard drive mountable and have a persistent drive on the usb drive that I'm booting knoppix from? BTW, IDK if it is important but I'm using a sata hard drive and the device number or whatever was SDA1 and it is NTFS.
Similar Threads
-
By knppi in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-08-2009, 12:40 AM
-
By nnigam in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-08-2007, 10:07 PM
-
By tallyp in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-24-2007, 11:28 AM
-
By Neno in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 17
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 05:17 AM
-
By Neno in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-30-2004, 07:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$199.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00