Hello All,
Following the Remastering HowTo in the wiki, I created a swapfile (creatively called swapfile) in the knoppix directory of an empty 12Gb hard drive formatted Fat. I created everything as root. When I entered the command swapon swapfile, the command did not terminate (waited two hours) and could not be stopped with CTRL-C. Entering the command free -m in another window shows a zero size swap file.
I tried this with Knoppix 5.1.1, and it worked fine. Has anyone created and started a swapfile with 6.0.1 successfully? I am using an ASUS AV733 motherboard with an AMD Athalon XP 1700+ processor and 512Mb DRAM.
I am trying to make a 6.0.1 without ADRIANNE and Open Office and with more of the tools in 5.1.1, the reason being that only 6.01. will restart the network if it is disconnected, but there is no ssh daemon and no gui vim.
Jonathan

Amiga Picasso II RTG Graphics Card for Amiga 2000 3000 And 4000
$349.99
Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$279.00
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00
Amiga 1000 Computer W/ Daphne Chip, Commodore A1000 (As-Is)
$239.75
Parceiro 1.1 for Amiga 1000, 8MB Fast RAM, RTC, 16GB SD, Case Repaired, Tested
$229.99
Vintage 1976 Commodore MOS KIM-1 Single Board Computer 6502 SBC w/ 4 Manuals
$1400.00
Commodore Amiga 1080 CRT Computer Monitor *TESTED/WORKING*
$250.00
Amiga 1000 Motherboard W/ Daphne Chip, Commodore A1000 (As-Is)
$239.75
NewTek Video Toaster 4000 Commodore Amiga
$170.00
RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000 / A500 / A500 plus
$25.00