Where did you get the CD? If it's one you've created yourself have you followed the instructions in our documentation to the letter?
My computer has crashed recently and I need to recover some data from it. I am using Knoppix live CD to boot my computer. I have already entered the command in the BIOS menu to boot from CD, but nothing happens and windows tries to boot up. Just trying to figure out what am I doing wrong and how have others done it?
Please help..
Where did you get the CD? If it's one you've created yourself have you followed the instructions in our documentation to the letter?
A next natural step would be to try booting from either the Network or from a USB flash drive. That will help isolate whether the problem really is isolated to the CD drive or not.
Google 'netbootin' to get a handy utility for taking almost any LiveCD image and making a bootable USB stick out of it. I am running a Knoppix LiveCD on the USB stick right now, made using netbootin.
Of course, you will have to run this on another machine: you can either use an ISO image you have downloaded separately (as I did) or connect directly to certain distributions and download the latest from their repository.

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
IBM mainframe circuitboard untested condition
$120.00
Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00
Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95
Magitronic AT-I/O 8-Bit ISA Parallel Serial Game Port Card XT AT PC Vintage PC
$42.29
IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00
Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s
$135.65