-
PXE boot Knoppix from Win2003 server?
I'm having a time with this. To start with, this is my first attempt at using PXE boot, but the need has come up due to several of the newer systems not having CD drives. I could provide a USB optical drive, or thumbdrive, to each tech but the new systems all support PXE booting so they would not have to carry anything more and it saves some money.
I started the DVD on a stand alone computer and started the terminal server. Then copied the mnt-system and tfptboot folders to my thumb drive. I then setup the tftp and ftp servers on the Win2003 system to support the folders and filled them with the files from the thumb drive. Adjusted the Win2003 DHCP to point to the pxe host and image file.
It starts to load, gets a few "/modules/..." not found errors but continues on until it fails to find the image. Right now my thoughts are that it is the "/" Linux is using versus the "\" that Windows expects. I would just boot the DVD from a spare computer and start the terminal server, but I don't want a DHCP conflict. I'm not a Linux guru, but use it when it is the best tool, which is more and more common as I learn more about it, but I'm still unsure if there is a setting in the Windows Server or the pxelinux.cfg/default that can resolve this.
Any guidance would be great.
Similar Threads
-
By larrycow in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-24-2005, 06:42 PM
-
By thewolf in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-06-2005, 08:01 PM
-
By sunburnt in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-07-2005, 09:49 PM
-
By thenexuscode in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-11-2004, 01:54 PM
-
By Stonent in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-30-2002, 08:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver
$299.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204
$24.97