-
Senior Member
registered user
ndb
Puppy Linux is definitely NOT based on Knoppix. It is not based on any other Linux but independently developed by Barry Kauler. I use both but I use Puppy more often these days.
As to whether you can write to NTFS - I do it all the time with Puppy. There are always warnings but no definitive justification as to why not to. All I know is that there was a rather esoteric write problem when using versions of ntfs-3g in the past. Version 1.2506 (May 200
solved this problem. I don't know whether Knoppix uses a later version but I would have thought so.
Of course, one can never be sure that software is bug free but would I regard ntfs-3g any less trustworthy than Windows itself? I guess we each have to make our own decision on that - but my experience is that I am happy to trust ntfs-3g. Of course, whether one uses Windows or anything else one should keep backups of important data.
Similar Threads
-
By finferflu in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 06-17-2006, 04:32 PM
-
By jfreeman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-02-2006, 09:21 AM
-
By metalfan in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-04-2004, 06:11 PM
-
By écraz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-10-2004, 11:03 AM
-
By Icey in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-22-2002, 10:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro SYS-E302-9A Fanless Firewall Atom C3558 16GB ECC 64GB SSD 6x GbE i350
$325.00

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00