For version 6.1 try opening a root shell and entering:
and restart the browser.Code:aptitude update && aptitude install flashplugin-nonfree
HTH
Installed to harddrive.
Networking is up and I can access any url on www.
I can play DVD videos with Knoppix (VLC) and it presents no problems.
I however cannot play any live streams from BBC CNN or Fox News.
I just get a black screen.
It also does not tell me that I do not have flash (such as I get when using Fedora etc).
So, I have no clue what is needed on Knoppix as there is no flash-plugin package available in apt as is on FC.
For version 6.1 try opening a root shell and entering:
and restart the browser.Code:aptitude update && aptitude install flashplugin-nonfree
HTH
Thank you for the reply.
I did it what you mention, but what happens is that if I go to video, e.g. fox news => video and try to play a video, the entire video interface flashes with a huge "play button" on it.
Really weird!
To ADD
CNN video just gives me a white window and states "loading from..."
BBC gives me a dark window with a huge "vcr play button" and when I press it., I also just get "loading from ..." while it hangs.
On the same machine booting into Fedora 12 I have no problem playing video streams, so it is not my connection, but some configuration in knoppix I miss.
Knoppix supports my Intel Mac way better than Fedora and does not drop sound. All I need is the video streams to work.
Again, using version 6.1 and Firefox , I have no trouble viewing video content from Fox, CNN or BBC. Even without installing the flash plugin. What I did have to do was to allow scripts on the page to run via the options button on the bottom right corner of the browser window. You can disable or uninstall Noscript on the Add-ons option on the Tools drop down on the Firefox taskbar.
OTOH, perhaps there is an issue with video and the Mac hardware.
On the Debian usergroup I received a solution to do the following
apt-get install mplayer
apt-get install mplayerplug-in
After that, video was streaming perfectly.
The only thing I now still need to fix is to run at 1920x1200.
Debian in single user mode works perfectly at this resolution but on Knoppix installed to hard drive it remains stuck at 1024x768.
Is there any way I can copy over XFree86 or Xrandr files from Debian to Knoppix to get it to work?
I mean if the adapter is recognized and works at full resolution on Debian I cannot see why it cannot work similarly on Knoppix?
Knoppix is really great, all I need is to get out of 1024x768 and to use 1920x1200.

DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer
$649.95
Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99