-
Thanks for all the interest and replies. Don't misunderstand I use abuntu regularly I have loaded and used Knoppix and DSL which is amazing cnsidering its size plus red hat 8 and open suse and mint linux I run a samba media server running ubuntu in a windws 2003 /2008 enterprise network. Hwever the pint I am making is this:- the first time I ever tried a linux install was red hat 5 After working out how t get it up and running I was confronted with a window with the next button off screen. I made a USB boot pen with Knoppix with the intention of using it as a rescue device to recover data from damaged laptops. As soon as xwindows loads I am confronted with an oversized window with buttons off screen and no input devices. This was the case on a Samsung nc10 laptop an hp 7900 desktop a lanovo R61e laptop. Now I can make the USB pen work because I am a computer geek like you. The point I am making is that if ordinary users are going to take the trouble to download files and make boot pens and try out this software it has to work or they are going to go back to windows which works out of the box. This is a real shame because linux is a real alternative. Some kind of standardisation is required.
Similar Threads
-
By paulcsf in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-26-2006, 01:22 AM
-
By Silvar in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 09-03-2006, 02:25 AM
-
By markleong in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-12-2004, 02:10 PM
-
By Arishon in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-17-2004, 12:59 AM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-01-2003, 03:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver
$4.99

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$20.70