-
Password Root Privleges
Good day everyone-
I'm looking for advice-
I have a couple of questions-
(1) I am trying to view videos on Knoppix 6.2 via websites ---youtube... any type of online website.
---it promps me to download adobe flash player---and provides several options --I don't know what one to choose
------yum for linux
------tr.gz for linux
-----.rpm for linux
-----.deb for ubuntu 8.0
-----APT for ubuntu 9.04
--I have tried them but keep running into my second issue when I down load the file and use kpackage to open and install - it says "the action you request needs root privileges -Please enter root's password.
I have gone in the terminal screen and reset/ changed the password to one that I would know and it did with no problems. I tried angain and it wouldn't work.
Also anybody have any ideas how to get the sound to work on email evolution
Thanks in advance
Jim
-
Senior Member
registered user
From the Start menu, choose Accessories, then Root Terminal. In that type:
Code:
aptitude update && aptitude install flashplugin-nonfree
When you reopen Iceweasel you should be able to view flash animation.
-
Senior Member
registered user
It's the .deb package you need. An alternative to the very good advice about aptitude given above is downloading the .deb package to the home directory, then open a terminal and issue
Code:
sudo dpkg -i <name of .deb package file>
The sudo command lets you run commands as root, without logging in as root.
Similar Threads
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 18
Last Post: 08-16-2013, 06:58 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum The Lounge
Replies: 13
Last Post: 06-18-2007, 10:43 AM
-
By kidsatacrux in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 12:48 AM
-
By CyberShadow in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-05-2004, 06:49 AM
-
By VBgod in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-13-2003, 10:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$166.24

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$165.58