-
Help and Configuration for v6.2
Apologies if this info has been posted elsewhere – I searched but couldn't find it.
I'm a former user of Knoppix v5.1.1 and v5.3.1, I've been forced onto v6.2 because older versions won't boot on my new PC.
There are a number of things I don't much like about this new version, and I'm wondering if I can configure them back to the way I prefer.
Rapid movement of mouse across Desktop can cause a set of small windows to appear – it looks like some kind of alternate Desktop feature, can I suppress this feature?
Slow Window Closing - a fancy feature where the window breaks up into fragments before disappearing. Sorry, but it's just annoying when I'm in a hurry.
No Partition Icons on Desktop. I found the icons when I opened PCMan File Manager, but the partitions then mounted in read-write mode, which I don't necessarily want. In v5 I could click the desktop icons to get read-only access, or click Home button on Taskbar followed by Go > Storage Media to open partitions for writing to.
There seems to be no General Help, I can only find help for individual apps.
Sorry if I sound a bit grumpy, there are some things I like as well
Similar Threads
-
By Paul_R in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-09-2007, 11:23 PM
-
By fungi in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-25-2006, 07:31 PM
-
By varaahan in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-29-2005, 05:32 PM
-
By zer0frost in forum Networking
Replies: 16
Last Post: 11-10-2005, 03:01 AM
-
By reub2000 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-29-2005, 03:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage
$200.00

✅ MacroSystem CASABLANCA ⭐ Commodore Amiga 3000 Clone ⭐ Video Editing Computer ⚡️
$190.21

ZuluSCSI Compact RP2040 - an affordable SCSI-2 (and 1) emulator w/ USB-C
$45.00

Amiga 1000 Computer W/ Daphne Chip, Commodore A1000 (As-Is)
$239.75

(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)
$329.98

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

Amiga 1000 Motherboard W/ Daphne Chip, Commodore A1000 (As-Is)
$239.75

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$200.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000 / A500 / A500 plus
$25.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$279.00