-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Flash-Knoppix Command

Originally Posted by
Billa
When I run the flash-knoppix command, after selecting the Cruzer 8GB USB device, I get a cp: error after 98% of the process is complete. the cp: error is an read/write error.
There is one 8GB Fat32 partition.
What am I doing wrong?
Bill

Not sure if it is related. I believe I saw some posts on the forum before (maybe on other forum) complaining about the Cruzer USB device. I remembered they say the Cruzer comes with a special program and format in the drive to do some kind protection so that it will create problem for Knoppix.
According to my memory, the folks on the forum say he needs to remove that program and then perform some tasks similar to re-format the USB device to make it work.
Rgds,
Chip
Similar Threads
-
By gizero in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-01-2006, 02:19 AM
-
By TyIsOwned in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-27-2005, 02:18 PM
-
By monckywrench in forum Ideas
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-20-2005, 06:46 PM
-
By the dragon one in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-21-2004, 05:02 PM
-
By jaykay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-08-2004, 01:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$166.24

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS
$15.00

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$165.58