Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Two problems with HDD instalation

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2

    Two problems with HDD instalation

    Hi

    I install Knoppix 6.2.1 on the HDD of very old laptop. It is a FS E-series and it works fine. The main disturbing problem is I cant stop this screenreader. How I could do that? I understoot there is a option to run trought shell at the beginning but when I tried it gave me a errors and return me in shell.

    Here is the Xorg.0.log
    http://dox.bg/files/dw?a=fe5d79de52

    The second problem which I can't solve is the screen resolution. Mine is 800x600 but looks ugly. How I could change it on 1024x768. I tried to find some records in xorg.conf but with lack of succssess.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2
    Guys I already change the resolution and install knoppix again without adriane support. But could someone tell me how to change the keyboard layout?

    I added this applet to the menu but there is only US layout. When I try to add something else into xorg.conf it just do not remember it. I work as a "root" but when I restart LXDE everything is the same.

  3. #3
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_u View Post
    Guys I already change the resolution and install knoppix again without adriane support. But could someone tell me how to change the keyboard layout?

    I added this applet to the menu but there is only US layout. When I try to add something else into xorg.conf it just do not remember it. I work as a "root" but when I restart LXDE everything is the same.
    Did you create an AES-encrypted persistent storage file? Without that it's much like a CD, in that no changes are permanent.

    Krishna

Similar Threads

  1. HD Instalation problem
    By sty2000 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 01:15 PM
  2. Knx HD instalation freezes until 97% or 98%
    By knxbegin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 12:55 PM
  3. From HD Instalation to File ISO
    By ary in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-06-2005, 05:39 AM
  4. Knoppix instalation program???
    By fester in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 05:47 AM
  5. compacted instalation
    By fsiviero in forum Ideas
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-04-2004, 08:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Supermicro SYS-E302-9A Fanless Firewall Atom C3558 16GB ECC 64GB SSD 6x GbE i350 picture

Supermicro SYS-E302-9A Fanless Firewall Atom C3558 16GB ECC 64GB SSD 6x GbE i350

$325.00



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server picture

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server

$689.00



Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3 picture

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3

$219.99



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00