-
knop5 pcmcia boot possible??
facts: old laptops Armada 1700 with no HD. Only 1 usb 1.1 port. 2 PCMCIA-slots.
It is possible to boot from USB-stick , bootfrom=/dev/sda1/kn.iso , very slow!! but it works.
I want to boot from pcmcia 5in1 card reader. (and later Compcat flash)
Till now it is absolutely not possible to boot from this device.
Is it possible anyway?? 1 work with knoppix 5, it is really the limit for mine system.
Armada 1700 laptops are now 11 years old. So i have to deal with limitations.
-
You might want to check out PLoP Bootmanager. You can boot from almost anything "visible", I think. I'm still getting started with it myself, but it looks pretty great so far, and it's been recommended by others who know more than I do.
Krishna
-
Senior Member
registered user
Have you tried Knoppix 6.2.1 or 6.3? The reason I ask is that I think USB support may have become better in the latest releases, and if you use LXDE without Compiz (cheat code no3d), I'm not sure it will be quite hopeless to run on your hardware.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM
$289.99

Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*
$159.99

Supermicro E200-8D Xeon D-1528 8GB RAM 256GB SSD 2x10GbE X10SDV-6C-TLN4F w/ PSU
$525.00

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$199.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Supermicro 1U Server 5019C-WR X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 3.8Ghz 32GB RAM M.2 NVME X
$369.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00