Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Live USB Knoppix 6.2 - Boot Help...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1

    Question Live USB Knoppix 6.2 - Boot Help...

    Hello . I'm new to Knoppix. I wanted to try it out. I had to join the forums to get some help on this question that I can't find the answers to else where. I am a Windows XP user. I already got Knoppix v6.2 installed on my SD card (put in a card reader as a usb), but when I have reboot to boot in Knoppix, it loads, then it brings me to a menu option if I want to have data put on the Live SD (enter a certain amount of ram to store or leave blank). I did nothing, then secs later it brings me to another menu of options, such as:

    www
    email
    firefox


    & etc.

    What I want to know is how not to be just stuck in a cmd-line like state, but to have load the Knoppix desktop view. I have read the FAQs, but no help there for this considered problem or confusion. Please help. Thanks. God bless .

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo777 View Post
    Hello . I'm new to Knoppix. I wanted to try it out. I had to join the forums to get some help on this question that I can't find the answers to else where. I am a Windows XP user. I already got Knoppix v6.2 installed on my SD card (put in a card reader as a usb), but when I have reboot to boot in Knoppix, it loads, then it brings me to a menu option if I want to have data put on the Live SD (enter a certain amount of ram to store or leave blank). I did nothing, then secs later it brings me to another menu of options, such as:

    www
    email
    firefox


    & etc.

    What I want to know is how not to be just stuck in a cmd-line like state, but to have load the Knoppix desktop view. I have read the FAQs, but no help there for this considered problem or confusion. Please help. Thanks. God bless .
    You got the Adriane version (visually-impaired assistance - happened to me, too.) Either re-do your disk with the regular version or type in (at the screen right after boot)
    Code:
    knoppix
    and then[Enter] - it will boot to the GUI you're looking for.

    Cheers!
    Krishna

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS picture

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS

$199.00



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1245v6 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD picture

Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1245v6 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD

$483.99



HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS picture

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS

$164.97



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1220v5 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD picture

Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1220v5 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD

$477.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00