Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Is it possible to view or uncompress the big knoppix file in windows?

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Question Is it possible to view or uncompress the big knoppix file in windows?

    Good Day All.

    I am not 100% sure if I should post this question here or under "Customising & Remastering".

    I am a very new user to the linux OS, and have always worked with DOS and dare I say it windows.

    I would like to know if there is anyway I can view the files in the big knoppix file or even better uncompress the hole thing, but under windows OS.

    Thanks for your time.

    Best Regards.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    One possibility would be to use a virtual machine to run Knoppix under Windows. If you use a shared folder on your Windows machine and mount that folder inside the virtual machine then it should be possible to write the contents of the big Knoppix file on your Windows hard disk. But I think that file permissions and information about owner and group will be lost.

  3. #3
    klaus2008: Thanks for your reply.

    As said before I am very new to linux but you got me thinking, I don't want to take any risks with my main PC.

    But how about using my laptop to run the Knoppix CD, and then uncompress the 460MB KNOPPIX file to a 2GB USB Memory Stick formated to Fat32?

    Thanks for your time.

    Best Regards.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10g Transceivers ( 5 Pack ) picture

Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10g Transceivers ( 5 Pack )

$70.00



Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD  Module  10-2945-02  NEW CLAMSHELL picture

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL

$45.50



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99