Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: knoppix console directed to an external monitor

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    50

    knoppix console directed to an external monitor

    Hello,
    I tried really really hard to scan through 50+ pages of posts, but ...
    Problem: using Knoppix 5.3.1 live DVD (or any other version for that matter) I always boot in using "knoppix 2" so as to work from the bare console. Greatly prefer this to the desktop for file/folder management. Have never managed to direct output from the laptop screen to an external monitor: the Windows "defaults" such as Fn-F5 or possibly Fn-F10 just lead to keystroke errors. Any ideas/ instructions? Happy to use setkey [or any other instruction list] that will achieve this. Using a Samsung P210 but I guess I'd like a catch-all solution if there is one.
    Thanks and best wishes,
    Fergus
    PS Found once but now lost forever!: where is the forum that invited us to state our "Best Knoppix Ever" and Why?

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by fergus View Post
    Hello,
    I tried really really hard to scan through 50+ pages of posts, but ...
    Problem: using Knoppix 5.3.1 live DVD (or any other version for that matter) I always boot in using "knoppix 2" so as to work from the bare console. Greatly prefer this to the desktop for file/folder management. Have never managed to direct output from the laptop screen to an external monitor: the Windows "defaults" such as Fn-F5 or possibly Fn-F10 just lead to keystroke errors. Any ideas/ instructions? Happy to use setkey [or any other instruction list] that will achieve this. Using a Samsung P210 but I guess I'd like a catch-all solution if there is one.
    Thanks and best wishes,
    Fergus
    PS Found once but now lost forever!: where is the forum that invited us to state our "Best Knoppix Ever" and Why?
    It's Fn-F4 to switch monitors on my Gateway lappy, and FWIW I think that's standard.

    Cheers!
    Krishna

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair

$69.99



S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)

$69.95



Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board) picture

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)

$40.00



BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880

$7.00



TDL “the ZPU” rev 1 February 1977 s100 cpu board  picture

TDL “the ZPU” rev 1 February 1977 s100 cpu board

$345.00



S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI) picture

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)

$34.99



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$40.00



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00