-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
krishna.murphy
I think that's probably FAT-Ex, M$oft's newer offering (which apparently has been adopted by flash device makers.) There seems to be no FS-related difficulty with large files on my 8GB USB-stick, but I used 2GB for that persistent store anyway, to leave room for both the 4GB KNOPPIX file/folder and some (Windows-accessible) unused FAT space. Knoppix itself can be installed on many if not most FSs, FWIW.
Cheers again!
Krishna

Hmmm... didn't think I needed to do a persistent store since I have a dedicated SD drive to knoppix. So I gave it a file size during boot in the option to make a persistent settings store file, but it didn't do anything... Should I just create a new user (me)?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

60 Vintage IBM Punch Cards City of Corvallis OR Municipal Mainframe Data Tech
$22.99

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$594.99

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00

4x Various Brands 8.5" Mainframe 9-Track Reel Computer Data Tape 6250 CPI .5"
$24.99

Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981
$199.99

Vintage UNIVAC Mainframe Circuit Board Lamp - Cyberpunk Tech Geek Industrial Art
$225.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93

Oracle for Macintosh Developer’s Kit v1.0a (1988–1989) – Complete • UNUSED
$1600.00