-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Capricorny
I just tried out expanding knoppix-data.img to 8.5 GB, and that works well on ext3. I place the Knoppix package on an ext3 partition and run from there, starting from USB with the fromhd= cheatcode. I'm not sure if there will be some kind of performance problems with large loop-mounted images, but I haven't seen any so far. So I will try with an even larger persistent store, allowing me to do more comprehensive installs and compile large programs.
I have used ext3 persistent store for quite sometime now. The only performance problem with large ext3 and ext2 file system ( not specifically to loop-mounted ones ) is when you have to do file system check. The file system check time is really slow when compared to ext4.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC
$27.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR
$47.99