-
starting ppp in knoppix hard drive install
I am having problems starting ppp in my debian installed with knx-hdinstall. I can dial in to my server and succesfully login but ppp does not appear to start. I cannot ping or get to any websites. Are there any modules or any pppd config files that I need to set up?
Thanks.
-
try "pppconfig" and then "pon provider-name" .to disconnect poff
-
I had exact problem
I had the exact problem and not sure exactly how I fixed it. fist if your modem was ttyS4, use ./MAKEDEV ttyS4 to make it, then ln -s ttyS4 modem so kppp can see it. Try chmod 777 to both ttyS4 and modem. try route -n, while your are online you should get 2 lines and they both should end in ppp. try ifconfig eth0 down. try netcardconfig too. If you find out what did it post back. check /etc/resolv.conf to see numbers are good also resolv.conf in /etc/ppp. read man resolv.conf. Try to access google without name 216.239.37.101
Somewhere in there is solution. Don't give up.
Similar Threads
-
By kamal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 19
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 07:39 AM
-
By snakerbat in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 09-04-2004, 12:26 AM
-
By dukka in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-28-2004, 07:00 AM
-
By Gregwithoneg in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-22-2003, 01:41 PM
-
By bubazoo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-08-2003, 01:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog
$85.00

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800
$59.99

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00