-
5.1 User Confused by 6.2
I've been using 5.1 to rescue data from unbootable windows machines prior to reinstalling them. That's pretty easy, as icons appear on the desktop for each partition, including usb drives, as they're connected. But 5.1 can't cope with every machine; I assume it lacks drivers for a few of the newer chipsets.
So I've tried 6.2 DVD. Very pretty, and the animations are cute, but the partitions don't appear on the desktop.
What do I need to do to get that behavior back, or at least manually create explorer-type windows I can work with?
Thanks!
-
Click the file-folder icon on the task bar to start PCmanFM, the LXDE file manager (it's in the System Tools menu, too.) Unmounted devices/partitions show on the left side of the screen - click one to mount it and then you can see the files, etc. on the right. Click/drag/multi-select copy function is intuitively obvious there, too.
Cheers!
Krishna 
p.s. Keep a 5.1 disk around, too, for old hardware that 6.2 doesn't handle easily!
-
Ah, okay. I don't like it as much as the one in 5.1, but then I'm a creature of habit. But I found it and it works.
Thanks!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99