Hello. It is possible to add iso images on to Knoppix usb disk and be able to select them at boot?
What must be modified?
I want to add iso images of the diagnostic software for hard disk drives (bootable).
Hello. It is possible to add iso images on to Knoppix usb disk and be able to select them at boot?
What must be modified?
I want to add iso images of the diagnostic software for hard disk drives (bootable).
Yes, you could certainly place ISO image files on any available space on your drive. It could get a bit esoteric doing the boot setup, but it's do-able.
Cheers!
Krishna
Edit: I didn't remember that you'd asked for help in that boot setup - sorry. If you used the flash-install built-in to Knoppix, you'll have grub set as the boot manager, and there are multiple sites with details on configuring grub on the web - Google is your friendThe exact details on using an ISO to boot are less than clear in my memory, but there was some discussion recently on that topic, I believe in the Hdd Install / Debian / Apt forum. I believe I also saw some good-looking stuff on one of the Ubuntu fora on this topic.
Last edited by krishna.murphy; 07-12-2010 at 06:43 PM.
I think the easiest solution is to use grub4dos instead of syslinux as bootloader. Grub4dos should be able to boot iso images. There is a web page with many working setups: http://www.boot-land.net/forums/?showtopic=5041
I think I would have set up the disk with ext3 file system, and done an ordinary GRUB install on it. From there, you have all kinds of opportunities, and Knoppix will be just one alternative. But if you are using the drive for file exchange with Windows, GRUB4DOS may be a better alternative. The link Klaus provides, has lots of examples, many of them multi-boot with both Linux and Windows optons.
Does knoppix support direct chainload knoppix Live ISO and (hd32) or (0xFF) mapping? Till now I am unable to hence only option (while using grub4dos) extract the iso into directories.

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
IBM SYSTEM X3550 M5 5463AC1 2.5x8 Server 2*XEON E5-2640 V3 8GB SEE NOTES
$85.99
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99
IBM System X3650 M3 Server Xeon E5620 2.4 GHz 16 GB Ram Raid M5015 No OS No HDD
$87.96