Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Remaster Tutorial for Knoppix on USB

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    198

    Remaster Tutorial for Knoppix on USB

    Since most of the Knoppix users nowadays use flash drives as media, can someone please make a good step by step USB remaster tutorial. It would be great if it is included in this web page Documentation.
    Less and less people are using Knoppix on CD and the remastering in the wiki is mostly irrelevant.
    I tried to follow kl522's thread - Re-master your flash installation, but it did not work for me once I got to the mkisofs part

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by mecho
    I tried to follow kl522's thread - Re-master your flash installation, but it did not work for me once I got to the mkisofs part
    Did you get an error message?
    Did you use memory for temporary data storage?
    You can use the -f option to tell create_compressed_fs where to put the temporary file.
    create_compressed_fs -h gives you a list of available options.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    198
    I had blocksize error, but my approach was wrong on the first place. I was using FAT32 formated hard drive as temporary storage and I think it is wrong because files don' retain their permissions once they are copied to FAT. That's why I was hopping someone can make a good step by step tutorial on how to remaster USB installation, mentioning everything necessary for remastering

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage DEC E2052-AA  AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap picture

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap

$749.99



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$119.99



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard picture

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard

$149.99



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL picture

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL

$169.00



6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips  picture

6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips

$195.00



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working picture

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working

$111.00