-
How do I start KDE in chroot
I am remastering knoppix CD and would like to know how can we stat KDE in chroot as I need to alter the menus and need to add customized menus. Or is there any way by which menus can be altered from command line or by editing file or so?
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
bastionNUX
I am remastering knoppix CD and would like to know how can we stat KDE in chroot as I need to alter the menus and need to add customized menus. Or is there any way by which menus can be altered from command line or by editing file or so?
Maybe you want to try a different method of remaster ?
A chroot environment is never as closed to the exact environment you want it to be.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/threads/28447-Re-master-your-flash-installation
The idea here is to use your own tested-and-proven life customization (using knoppix persistent store ) as the remaster environment. I only take the remaster process upto remaster the compressed image. But if you understand how knoppix files are organized, you know it's only one or two steps away from a complete bootable ISO image.
-
<span style="background-color: #99FF99;">Ok - or let me rephrase it. I need to add my own menus in the CD, I have tried a lot but couldn't succeed so wanted to know if there is any other way by which I can insert or edit the KDE menus.</span>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800
$59.99

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog
$85.00

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00