-
Yes, I guess I could try that but I think I'd probably still have the same problem.
I'm probably not as technical as the rest of the members -- but here's what I think might be happening -- I just have no clue how to deal with it.
I think that when I change the boot order and force it to boot from DVD, it does recognize that but then it might have something to do with the boot.ini file... it looks at what OS it should load, sees only Windows in the boot.ini, tries to load that, can't load it from DVD, so falls back to the HD... and Windows loads.
I could be wrong but I think ... at least on Win XP or maybe it's a Dell thing ... there's more steps to getting my laptop to boot from DVD when the DVD has an different OS from what's loaded on the HD. Also, I have a feeling that this would be the same issue whether I booted from DVD or USB flash drive.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800
$189.95

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Cray-1 UNIVAC 1103 Apple 1 CDC 6600 IBM SAGE
$65.00

S-100 Bus Handbook Altair 8800 IMSAI 8080 Board Schematics Xitan Pertec Cromemco
$89.99

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer
$2550.00

Intel 4004IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair
$50.99

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00