-
Read/Write Permissions PULLING MY HAIR OUT!!
My 500 gig external/network Lacie drive crashed due to a hard drive failure. I Pulled out the seagate drive inside, purchased the little adapter and have hooked it up to my windows XP machine. Windows thinks its a black drive because its formatted as a linux system. When I boot from the Knoppix 6 CD Rom, I can see the drive and read the data but I can only on some files and not on others. When I click on the drive in the left pane of the file manager, it shows one directory called SHARE. When I click on that, it shows about 2 dozen more directories and a bunch of files. I can delete the files but not anything in the directories. When I click PROPERTIES and go to the section where it lets me check boxes for read write, it says PERMISSION DENIED. If I try to delete any of the files in the directories it says ACCESS DENIED. HELP! Why can I delete some files but not others?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

PfSense/OPNsense 14x1Gb, 8-Core, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD, AES-NI, QAT (Lanner FW-7573)
$149.00

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$199.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU
$99.99

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99

Unfi Security Gateway Pro
$170.00