-
Alextreme.............sounds like a plan to me
The multitrack idea is facinating. I saw on /. some time ago about a sound studio distro. I could imagine making a sound studio track would be within reason for your knopbase. I myself am facinated with the idea of a lightweight gui track. The window manager must be fast and efficient and themeable (wow, cool word). I need to look on the web for some data. Surely somebody has done some kind of study on what the average person uses his computer for. From this I would like to include the best apps for the job. Web browser, email, ftp, chat, mp3/ogg player, cd ripper, cd burner, video player are all gimmes. I suppose openoffice and the gimp would need to included also. A solitaire and minesweeper game (chuckle) would round it out. I am sure I have left some things out. Once I get some time I am going to dive into the idea. I just got through cleaning and scanning 1745 35mm color slides and I need a break from XP for a while.
Does anybody have any suggestions for a windows manager, I plan on tinkering with all the wm that Knoppix sports and start from there.
A good name for a modular (add the functionality track of your choice) Knoppix could be morphix I suppose.
Maudite
Similar Threads
-
By Pengers in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-31-2004, 02:14 AM
-
By roberto in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-03-2003, 07:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99