Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Adding new menus while customising

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6

    Adding new menus while customising

    Hi,

    I need to add my new menus while re-mastering and make those persistent in a .iso image that I will be creating. I have tried all the ways but in vain.
    Does any one aware how to add new menus and make those persistent in a new image?

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by bastionNUX View Post
    Hi,

    I need to add my new menus while re-mastering and make those persistent in a .iso image that I will be creating. I have tried all the ways but in vain.
    I'm not clear on what you've tried here. Presumably, you have a chroot'd environment (for remastering purposes), which is tricky, but supposedly you can use standard GUI methods to change the menus, then make your new master image and they'll be there in that image when you use it. Are you able to modify menus when not chroot'd? What happens when you modify them in the chroot'd environment?
    Does any one aware how to add new menus and make those persistent in a new image?
    Cheers!
    Krishna

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6
    Well, let me try to elaborate. I am into GUI mode, I have opened Konsole from there in which I have chrooted and have done the entire changes there. Now I need to add custom menus. But since my GUI mode is not chrooted I am unable to copy or make those persistent since the Chroot mode is only limited to that Konsole.

    I need to add Custom menu in a remastered knoppix image but somehow I am able to re master the entire CLI but GUI I am unable to.

    Let me know if any is aware of such post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$119.99



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC E2052-AA  AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap picture

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap

$749.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts

$59.99



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation

$79.95



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working picture

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working

$111.00