-
Junior Member
registered user
program shortcuts / menu items
I have been experimenting with the Knoppix 6.2.1 Live DVD. I have used Linux based OS's before in a limited fashion as I dont know the file system very well. Tonight I chose to download and install Mozilla Firefox as an exercise in learning to install programs in Knoppix. The file came down as a .gz container file which contained a directory inside a .tar container file. Once the directory was extracted I was able to run the program from PCman File manager. I decided to try to make a desktop shortcut. I created a txt file with the command line commands you would have to use to get to and execute the file. Then I saved it and set the permissions to include execute. I got a surprise when i ran it though. Ice Weasel opened instead of Firefox. I opened PCman again and was able to run Firefox without issue.
Is there a way to make a shortcut on the desktop? And if so, How do I go about doing so?
Also, is there a way to add an item to the menu under internet?
Thanks in advance for your time and advice.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99