-
Junior Member
registered user
The community is what makes Linux great regardless of the distro. It is people helping other people without the prospect of monetary gain for a motivation. I have gone through phases of using Linux off and on for approximately the last 5 years and every time I start using Linux again (I have used a couple of different distros) The community has always been there to help me when I run into an issue. I agree with Harry that Linux has a certain mysticism about it but it also has the community to lend a hand when you run into something you cant figure out on your own or find documentation for.
I love the idea of a worldwide community making software available, for free, to the rest of the world and helping others for no other reason than to be helping others. Documentation is a very important part of that effort and it enables people to educate themselves. My only complaint is that sometimes you can't find the information you are looking for, but this is where the community comes into play on the forums. Maybe if mankind could or would expand the concept of helping others to things other than operating systems and software then this world would be a better place for everyone to live in and people would be happier and not so cynical.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE
$445.00

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99