Quote Originally Posted by killa
I really think that Hd form of Knoppix should spinoff and make their own distro..... But i guess that would be pointless since it is just a Debain disro underneath....

thanks again for the intel
Well actually............The biggest reason that Debian hasn't taken off like other distos is at least in part due to the fact that there is no easy way of installing Debian. Personally I use Knoppix/Debian on a daily basis and have spent a fair amount of time tweaking it into what I want it to be. Of course this is always part of the process no matter what OS you use. It seems that some people are overwhelmed by the sheer configurability of Linux- Knoppix provides a large majority of software already installed which is a great plus and automates many of the harder tasks surrounding OS installation.

Fabian Franz has reportedly developed a new install script that is supposed to be available with the DVD realease available only through LinuxTag. I'd love to see what it can do- presumably many of the requests made to the developers have been/will be implemented.

I have seen much improvement over the past few months. Klaus and Devs are releasing new versions at a very rapid rate. It's great to see so much effort being put into such a fantastic distro.