I've never done this, but you might look at the following approach:
http://sluglug.ucsc.edu/pipermail/sl...ch/016706.html
Let us know if this is a viable approach or if you find another that is.
I've never done this, but you might look at the following approach:
http://sluglug.ucsc.edu/pipermail/sl...ch/016706.html
Let us know if this is a viable approach or if you find another that is.
Thanks for the idea but I was hoping that there was some LINUX command that would do the same as the Knoppix 'lang=uk' cheatcode which worked before - I suppose that somewhere inside the box there is already the UK keyboard layout in a file and I just need to know how to switch to it each time I need to use Knoppix from the Live CD (which, for the moment, is only when I need to do some emergency repairs to Windows).
Why does 'lang=uk' not work now? Does it save some space on the CD? Are there only one or two Knoppix users in England so it's not worth it? The -EN version of Knoppix doesn't use the English keyboard but the American keyboard! Where would I go (which forum) to ask if 'lang=uk' could be put back into the next version?
regards
Peter
This article presents a plausible story:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British...ican_keyboards
Also, there is a language abbreviation standard where
en is 'international english' and and uk is 'Ukrainian'.
Yes, but the earlier Knoppix gave me a perfectly correct British keyboard when I entered 'knoppix lang=uk' at the boot: prompt, and it no longer does it (lang=uk makes the keyboard dead, not ukrainian). This is why I am hoping that the British keyboard file is still in there somewhere and there is a way to select it after booting.
Peter
oops, gd for Gaelic, my bad.
The iso 639-1 list is here:
http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-...glish_list.php
Just fooling. You have a point.
Only Klaus knows the real answer.
I suspect the Windows argument is at the heart of it,
that there are many dialects of english.
Or was that Mr Shaw?
Last edited by utu; 02-06-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Post #6 here seems to be of some help to you.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=253417

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99
Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor
$249.99
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$144.98