-
Changing Login Process; Default Login
I received Adriane-Knoppix via my school. I do not need Adriane. When knoppix boots up if I do not enter a login it loads some Adriane menu by default. I have to login as knoppix to get to the GUI.
Where is the config file for the bootup process? I want to at least change the timeout value to 0, so that I do not have to sit at my computer and wait for the login screen. Or preferably just change the default to login with knoppix or some other user.
Also, it seems stange that you do not enter a password in this linux system. I tried changing the knoppix password. But when it asks for my current password, it does not accept it. Well, I never set a password. So what could it be besides an empty string.
Also, when I added a user, the login screen would not accept.
So I can only login with knoppix with no password which I do not want and I have to sit and wait for the login prompt lest it loads something up by default that I do not want. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00

DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage
$79.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00