-
Senior Member
registered user
@ Forester
du -hs /mnt-system/KNOPPIX is 1.9 Gb;
sudo du -hs /UNIONFS is 2.1 Gb
6 Gb is more than I would care to devote to the cause.
I don't need a new KNOPPIX (the condensed file), remember,
just a small tar.gz, all the other processes are already in place.
I guess my 'USP' is that I don't want to have to go off-line to
service the system. I'd like to have some menu commands and/or
cheatcodes that I could manage within what appears to be the
present desktop.
Can't we break my processes (not the re-mastering processes)
down to a few menu choices & cheatcodes?
Such as...
0...Make a copy of the current knoppix-data.img somewhere,
in case we need it later;
1...Make a tar.gz version of the current goodies in knoppix-data.img
and store this tar.gz file in the same directory as the
unmodified compressed KNOPPIX file;
2...Zero out the curreny knoppix-data.img;
On reboot...what I hope will then will happen is that
Knoppix will expand and merge the new tar.gz file, then
ask if we want to (Re-) establish a persistent store, using its
normal process to compute available space and then go ahead
and establish a new (smaller and empty) knoppix-data.img
The overhead here is a few new bash commands in an init (or two)
somewhere. Might even save a few bites rather than be an overhead.
-
Hi anyone reading this post and wondering where it all started and whether it went anywhere.
It started on ... http://www.knoppix.net/forum/threads...home-cheatcode
and continues on ... http://www.knoppix.net/forum/threads...update*.tar.gz
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco SFP-10G-LR-S Reset & Tested Lot of 2
$32.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10-3105-01 SFP+ Transceiver Module W/ Hologram Lot of 14
$98.00

Lot of 32 Cisco GLC-T 30-1410-03 1000BASE-T SFP Transceivers
$150.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99