Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix Cluster

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1

    Knoppix Cluster

    Hi there,

    I am currently working on a project to create a cluster using Knoppix and Open Mosix. I have two Dell GX280's currently, connected through a 10/100 switch. The machines ping each other and therefore know they are there, however:

    My issue is when I issue the command "tyd -m 192.168.1.10" on the node I get:

    "Pluto control file [/var/run/pluto.ctl] was not found in 0 retries.
    Ty-d: trying node [192.168.1.10] for mapme
    Pluto control file [/var/run/pluto.ctl] was not found in 0 retries."

    That same thing continues to pop up several times typically with a large gap of time in between.

    While on the master I run the command "tyd" to announce it as the master, and it responds:
    "Ty-d: crypt type IPSEC will be used.
    Ty-d: This default gateway will be used [192.168.1.1]
    Ty-d: Pluto control file [/var/run/pluto.ctl] was not found in 0 retries.
    Ty-d: terrence completed, starting phillip."

    At this point it just sits at that output and does not return a clean command line.

    From what I can tell this file pluto.ctl is what is giving me the issue. If someone could tell me what it is and possibly how to fix this I would appreciate.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    242
    Wow Exygot !

    Open Mosix stopped development in 2008 and clusterKnoppix in 2004 !

    I thing pluto is something to do with the OpenSwan implementation of IPSEC. Try http://openswan.org. I doubt there is anyone on this forum can help you.

    Good luck with your project.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB picture

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB

$98.95



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$236.55



Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive picture

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive

$649.00



Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS picture

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS

$15.00



Colorado Jumbo 250 Internal Tape Backup System Complete Set Mainframe Collection picture

Colorado Jumbo 250 Internal Tape Backup System Complete Set Mainframe Collection

$129.99



Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000 picture

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000

$99.95



Vintage MSI K7T Turbo w/ AMD Athlon A1000AMT3C 256MB DDR Ram -Bloated Caps Parts picture

Vintage MSI K7T Turbo w/ AMD Athlon A1000AMT3C 256MB DDR Ram -Bloated Caps Parts

$69.99



Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s picture

Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s

$135.65