-
Senior Member
registered user
Is knoppix 6.4.4 breaking local installations somehow?
p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } I decided to try knoppix 6.4.4 which in a sense I like a bit better: no more problems with the replace feature in leafpad; now they are using OpenJDK, ... , but I have noticed something that is show stopper ...
~
I sometimes need to quickly install and uninstall debian packages for which I use a local repository, and 6.4.4 is not letting me do that. I seem to be trapped in a logical/dependency loop
~
1) if I try to simply install those packages by first going:
~
-get update -o Dir::Etc::SourceList=${_SL} # only needs to be run once
~
2) and then try to install kate
~
apt-get install -V -y --force-yes -o Dir::Etc::SourceList=${_SL} kate
~
I get dependency problems
~
If you try to fix those problems by installing the packages they say you are missing (like lzma), then you get
~
Can't locate Dpkg.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl
/usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5
/usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10
/usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /usr/bin/dpkg-scanpackages line 8.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/dpkg-scanpackages line 8.
~
and when I look into dpkg-scanpackages (a perl script) there is not much I find
~
# head -8 /usr/bin/dpkg-scanpackages
#!/usr/bin/perl
use warnings;
use strict;
use IO::Handle;
use IO::File;
use Dpkg;
~
Is there a way out of this mess? Has anyone been able to update packages using a local repository?
~
thanks
lbrtchx
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

Intel X710-DA4 4-Port 10Gb SFP+ Ethernet Adapter EX710DA4G1P5 w/ SFPs
$250.00

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99