-
How do I change the keyboard layout for terminal login.
I have installed Knoppix to my hard disk and have successfully updated the KDE settings from the default German to a UK layout.
The problem is that if I login to a non graphical terminal screen (CTRL-ALT-F1 etc.), the keyboard layout reverts to German, and I can't login because my password contains symbols that are now in a different place!
How do I fix this?
Thanks.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Look at this thread:
***http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=310
I am not at a knoppix box now, but look in /usr/share/locales/i18n/en_GB and you should find the info to use for your system default env file. Compare what is in the en_GB file with what I used from the en_US file.
HTH
rock
-
I tried RockMumbles solution but /usr/share/locale/i18n/en_GB just seems to be a directory full of .mo (message files I think).
I've modified my /etc/sysconfig/i18n file to have "en" and "en_GB" instead of "de"/"de_DE" or "en"/"en_US" (because I wondered if I was in English but with a US keyboard map).
I really like knoppix but I like to have a nice working command line when I log in.
Has anyone else found any kind of fix for this elsewhere?
-
Senior Member
registered user
the keyboard is determined by a script.
/etc/init.d/keymap.sh
as root, edit the line:
loadkeys /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty/us.kmap.gz
(I guess you want uk.keymap.gz)
and run
/etc/init.d/keymap.sh reload
(alter to suit the keymap you want)
-
I tried fingers99 fix (I found it on http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=310) and it definitely did the trick for me.
Similar Threads
-
By ocean in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-15-2004, 10:50 PM
-
By mzruya in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 07:34 PM
-
By tonyleake in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-28-2004, 08:50 PM
-
By Coume in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-01-2003, 07:25 AM
-
By GuineaPig in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-06-2003, 09:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03
$15.00

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99