-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi, again DirkS
It never occurred to me that your problem was not having internet.
How is it we are having this dialog? And, where did you get 6.4.3?
Clearly, we need to know more about your set up: Live or HD,
CD iso or DVD, etc.
I only use the CD versions of Knoppix, but I know the DVD
versions have much more software on them to choose from.
I favor Knoppix as a LiveUSB with persistence because I never
liked the hassle of dual-booting. I'm blessed with broadband internet.
Also Knoppix is the most friendly of all distros in regard to the
Broadcom wifi that's in my laptop. I also favor the LiveCD iso
over the DVD since it allows very compact USBs to be made from it.
LiveUSBs made from a Knoppix LiveCD iso have a built-in option that
gives you a chance, albeit brief, at every boot to establish persistent
store, until such time that you do so.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RARE Vintage Chicony KB-5181 Mechanical Keyboard Monterey Blue SMK Switches
$65.00

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage 1992 Mac System 7.1P1 Apple Software 3.5” Floppy Disks NOS
$35.00

Vintage Magnetic Peripherals MPI BR8B1A 5.25" Floppy Disk Drive 77711800 CDC
$89.66

READ - Vintage Apple Macintosh SE/30 - Boots
$850.00

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00

Vintage HP DVD Writer dvd210i Internal IDE Drive Q2116A BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED
$58.85